Scholarship Sweepstakes Official Rules
BARBIZON’S COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP SWEEPSTAKES
2019 – 2020 OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR ENROLLMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- TO ENTER: Beginning January 1, 2019 through December 31, 2020 complete an official entry form available at any Barbizon center, special event, or on-line at www.barbizonmodeling.com/scholarships. No mechanically reproduced entries or facsimiles allowed. Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or illegible entries or for address changes of entrants. Limit one entry per person. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the U.S., except Puerto Rico. Barbizon and its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (“Sponsor and its agents”) and members of their immediate families and people living in the same household of each are not eligible.
- DRAWING: Winners will be selected on or before December 1, 2021, in a random drawing, from all eligible entries received. Sponsor or its designee, the judge of the sweepstakes, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the sweepstakes, will conduct the drawing. Winners will be notified on or before December 31, 2021 and will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release from liability, which must be received by Sponsor within 14 days of the date on the notification, or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- PRIZE AND ODDS OF WINNING: Winner will receive a scholarship award of up to $100,000 covering four (4) year college tuition to an accredited college or university of the winner’s choice, excluding vocational or technical colleges and trade schools. The tuition scholarship will be paid directly to the school, on behalf of winner. Prize does not include room and board, books and supplies, transportation or any other costs or expenses not mentioned. Approx. retail value (“ARV”): depends on the tuition for college chosen. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winner must be accepted at an accredited college or university, excluding vocational or technical colleges and trade schools, based on individual merit and commence classes within three years of high school graduation or date of winner notification, whichever is later. The Sponsor’s obligation to fund the winner’s tuition will end four years after sponsor’s first payment, regardless of whether or not the winner graduated from college. In order for Sponsor to award the prize, winner must provide Sponsor with tuition payment information and enrollment verification. Prize. If a minor wins prize, the winner’s parent or legal guardian must sign all required documents. No prize substitutions or cash equivalents. Prize is non-transferable. Winner is responsible for all taxes, if any, including federal, state and local, applicable to the acceptance and use of his/her prize. Sponsor will issue a 1099 tax form for winner for the approximate retail value of the prize.
- GENERAL: By entering, entrants agree to: (1) release the Sponsor and its agents from all liability, injuries, loss and/or damage of any kind arising from their participation in the Sweepstakes and the acceptance and use/misuse of any prize; (2) agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judge. By accepting a prize, winner consents to the use of his/her name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation in all media worldwide (except if winner is a resident of TN or where otherwise prohibited by law). Sweepstakes are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
REMOVAL FROM FUTURE MAILINGS: To have your name and address removed from Sponsor’s future mailings regarding sweepstakes, hand print your name, address, and a statement saying, “Remove me from all future mailing lists” on a piece of paper and mail it to: Barbizon National Advertising Committee, Inc., 4950 W Kennedy BLVD, Suite 200, Tampa, FL 33609. Sponsor will process your request within 60 days.
WINNER’S NAME: For the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, postmarked by December 31, 2021 to: Barbizon National Advertising Committee, Inc., 4950 W Kennedy BLVD, Suite 200, Tampa, Fl 33609
SPONSOR: Barbizon National Advertising Committee, Inc., 4950 W Kennedy Blvd, Suite 200, Tampa, FL 33609 ©2019-2021 Barbizon National Advertising Committee, Inc. Printed in U.S.A. All rights reserved.