So you've landed your big opportunity, a model casting, go-see or audition. And you only get one chance to land the job so everything needs to go just right. Don't let your clothes, makeup or hair keep you from shining. Follow these simple to make the right impression.
- Minimal Makeup. If you must wear makeup, keep it minimal. Try a tinted moisturizer, mascara and lip gloss. The casting director, agent or designer needs to be able to see you in your natural state.
- Natural hair. You should come with your hair down and in it's most natural state. For instance if you have curly hair, you should not straighten it, just tame any frizz you may have. Make sure to have a hair elastic in your bag in case you are asked to pull it back.
- No flashy clothes. You need to let yourself shine, not your clothes. Industry pros need to be able to see your features and body type. To achieve the best look, wear skinny jeans and a solid color tank. No flashy colors, prints or patterns. Keep it clean.
- Wear heels that you have practiced walking in. Solid color heels such as black or nude will give you height, improve your posture and elongate your legs. Make sure your walk in them is amazing!
- No jewelry. At all. This means no earrings, rings, bracelets or necklaces. Don't wear accessories like jewelry that will take the focus away from your features.
Jill Wagner, Barbizon of Raleigh grad, plays the lead in in Autumn Dreams which will…
Keturah Puente, Barbizon of Kansas City alum, has signed with The Clutts Agency, in Dallas,…
Grace, Barbizon grad from the Chicago area, booked her first print job with Fanning Howey,…
One of the hottest trends for a cool fall are cape jackets! We love the…Read More
Get into a habit of taking good notes. Whether you are in school, at work…Read More