So you've landed your big opportunity, a model casting, go-see or audition. And you only get one chance to land the job so everything needs to go just right. Don't let your clothes, makeup or hair keep you from shining. Follow these simple to make the right impression.
- Minimal Makeup. If you must wear makeup, keep it minimal. Try a tinted moisturizer, mascara and lip gloss. The casting director, agent or designer needs to be able to see you in your natural state.
- Natural hair. You should come with your hair down and in it's most natural state. For instance if you have curly hair, you should not straighten it, just tame any frizz you may have. Make sure to have a hair elastic in your bag in case you are asked to pull it back.
- No flashy clothes. You need to let yourself shine, not your clothes. Industry pros need to be able to see your features and body type. To achieve the best look, wear skinny jeans and a solid color tank. No flashy colors, prints or patterns. Keep it clean.
- Wear heels that you have practiced walking in. Solid color heels such as black or nude will give you height, improve your posture and elongate your legs. Make sure your walk in them is amazing!
- No jewelry. At all. This means no earrings, rings, bracelets or necklaces. Don't wear accessories like jewelry that will take the focus away from your features.
Serena Bennette, a grad from Barbizon of Tampa, recently booked a supporting role in the…
Barbizon of Orange County grad Ashlynn Ramirez recently booked print modeling jobs for Chevy Traverse…
Kate Tisdell, alum of the Barbizon of Northwest Maryland, booked a Dick’s Sporting Goods promotion.
Look bright-eyed by using a light, shimmery liner across your eyelid and on the inner…Read More
Blueberries are jam-packed with antioxidants and can help brain health and improve memory. Add that…Read More