When it comes to submitting your tape for a casting or to an agent or manager, you need to follow the proper industry steps to effectively market yourself. BLT Management, has shared with Barbizon their directions for putting yourself on tape.
Directions for Putting Yourself on Tape:
1. The room you use should be well lit, but not with natural light.
2. White or off-white walls are best.
3. Set up a digital camcorder and have the reader stand directly next to one side of it.
A slate is the first thing that the viewer sees when they watch your tape. It’s simply your name and age (you can also include where you’re from if you are sending a tape to see representation). A slate should also show the personality you are trying to get across to the viewer.
1. You should be standing up.
2. Press record and wait 2 or 3 seconds.
3. Introduce yourself. “Hi I’m ______ I’m_______ years old and I’m from _______”
4. Wait 2 or 3 seconds, then stop recording.
1. Depending on the scene, you can either be sitting or standing.
2. The reader should be standing to the left or the right of the camera.
3. If the scene is 2 people talking, then you should be looking at the reader. This is called your “eye line.”
4. When performing your scene, allow a couple of seconds before you start, and then a couple of seconds after you finish so that you don’t cut off your words.
Sending Your Tape:
1. Transfer your footage to the recipients required format and send it as they requested, you will need to know how they prefer to receive it.
2. Remember to include your name, contact information and a headshot and resume.
Barbizon alum Alyssa Baldwin is signed with HRI Talent in Los Angeles. She has done…
Barbizon of Tampa alum Serena Bennett can be seen in one of the films in…
Barbizon of Baton Rouge graduate Ashley Viverata booked a print job for Advancial Federal Credit…
You can keep the great effects of a good conditioning treatment by rinsing your hair…Read More
Applying a good primer is the best way to help your makeup last all day.…Read More