As a trusted industry expert for over 70 years, we feel it is our duty to inform the public on navigation of the modeling and acting industry. Below is our brief top 5 things to watch for in the modeling and acting industry. As always, if you feel suspicious or have questions about anything, we are here to help.
- Watch for or be wary of agencies or schools that promise or guarantee work.
- Exercise caution with people who want to charge for pictures and/or portfolios first.
- Beware of companies who want to put you in a director to be sent out.
- Does the school or agency have national or international affiliations?
- How long has the agency been established? (Be wary of small agencies with no established history)
Kate Tisdell, alum of the Barbizon of Northwest Maryland, booked a Dick’s Sporting Goods promotion.
Barbizon grad Sarah Cate has booked a campaign for Barneys New York.
Barbizon alum Autumn Holley walked in Miami Swim Week for Wildfox and also for Maagi.
When you want to add some contour to your face, try using a highlighter that…Read More
First impressions are key in any industry. Having good posture is important to carrying yourself…Read More